My body of work includes published books with my research contribution; books, articles, monographs as unpublished work or works in progress; archival organization and research; historical diary transcription; and preliminary film and television script research.
* Plucked, Shaved and Braided: 1000 Years of Beauty and Grooming Practices, publication date pending
* Jimmy Carter: President and Peacemaker, David Seidman. Scholastic Inc.
* Name that Pet: A Practical Guide to Naming your Dog, Cat & Other Household Pets, Naomi Lieboff. Cousin Alice’s Press.
* The Vintage Fashion Directory, Daniela Turudich. Streamline Press.
Books, Articles, Screenplays
* Recipe Research of American Cookery during WWII
* History of New York City’s Central Park
* Landscape and Architecture of the Chicago World’s Fair of 1893
* The Massacre of the Jewish Community of York, England, 1190
* The World of 1st Century Rome
* Rags to Riches – Millionaires who started with one good idea
* The Silk Road – Preliminary research on the meeting of cultures along this famous trade route
* Twelfth century England-preparation for a historical novel
* Travel books to California in the late 19th and early 20th centuries
Manuscript and Document Organization
* I organized the official records and transcribed handwritten diaries and other documents from the Tenko Collection, a private archive of material related to the Japanese Army’s internment of civilians in the Philippine Islands during World War II
Personal Interest :
* Religion and spirituality, both traditional religions and New Age spirituality
* The old, the odd, the queer in history, the sciences, the paranormal
* History: American history and pop culture
* Reading classic literature, especially 19th and early 20th century
* Food: vegan and vegetarian history and global culture, animals/animal rights
* Nature: its importance in everyday life, as sacred, celebrations, environment, ecology